Country Roads of Italy - Preview 2022
Country Roads Of Italy – Classic Group, 2022
Between the major cities, you’ll find little-known gems like Orvieto, Assisi and Perugia, Tuscan hill towns, gastronomic icons, a formidable abbey and Italy’s finest stretch of coastline.
- Radda: Learn what to look for in a quality vino rosso, and what foods to pair it with when ordering Florentine cuisine.
- Rome: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travellers at a uniquely Roman local restaurant.
- Orvieto: At a restaurant in the medieval heart of Orvieto, explore the art of Italian cooking with Chef Lorenzo and master the art of making fresh pasta by hand. Follow this with dinner and a glass of Orvieto Classico wine.
- San Gimignano: Ascend serpentine alleyways to the artisan gelato parlour of world champion gelato maestro, Sergio Dondoli for a taste of his finest frozen treats.
- Lucca: Visit a traditional steam bakery and sample Buccellato, the sweet raisin bread typical of the region.
- Venice: Cruise to the charming fisherman’s island of Burano to enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine and new-found friends.
- Modena: Visit a producer of authentic balsamic vinegar to learn about its production, history and distinctive taste.
- Parma: At Ciaolatte Parmesan you will meet, Signoria Afra, a local passionate about Italian food and quality cheese. Witness the cheese-making and ageing process of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner (D), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Siena: Choose between visiting the medieval Siena Cathedral with your Local Expert or alternatively, sample panforte, a traditional Tuscan dessert.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Rome: Experience Rome through the eyes of a local, as a passionate Roman guides you through vibrant backstreets, showing you how modern life takes place around ancient treasures.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
Make Travel Matter
- Perugia: Meet Marta, recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant, to learn how she and her weavers are preserving the ancient craft of loom-weaving at their artisan workshop and offering employment opportunities for local women. Laboratorio Guidetta Brozzetti advances SDG 5: Gender Equality. The workshop is owned by women and actively empowers women and girls through its education and training programs. Laboratorio Giuditta Brozzetti also advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities. Marta, and her students help to safeguard the unique patterns while contributing to the protection of Umbria’s cultural heritage.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
Top Rated Highlights
- Castel Gandolfo: Explore the artistic treasure of the Villa Barberini Gardens and marvel at the intricately designed mosaic flower beds and fountains.
- Rome: During your orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Sorrento: Experience the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Isle of Capri : Explore Capri town with your Local Expert and see the whitewashed houses, winding alleyways, small cafes, fashionable boutiques and artisans studios.
- Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast to visit this colourful town that looks as if it is almost tumbling into the sea.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Orvieto: During your orientation of this Umbrian hilltop town with your Travel Director, visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the cathedral.
- Assisi: Discover why the Basilica of Saint Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Perugia: Led by your Local Expert, your orientation will explore the Old Town and show you Priors’ Palace, Collegio del Cambio, the cathedral, the Great Fountain and main square.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a gold and leather-work demonstration.
- San Gimignano: Visit the medieval Manhattan of Italy!
- Lucca: Your orientation with your Travel Director will show you the churches, squares and palaces within the medieval ramparts.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, travelling by train and boat and dedicated time to explore one of the five charming fishing villages.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to…
Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome
VIP Vatican and Rome with a Local
Capri, the Isle of Dreams
The Picturesque Amalfi Coast
Pompeii and Orvieto
Assisi and on to Perugia
Perugia, the Jewel of Umbria
Siena and Radda in Chianti
Florence, Birthplace of the Renaissance
San Gimignano and on to Lucca
Exploring the Cinque Terre
Modena and on to Parma
Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima